In her book, DON’T JUST SIT THERE, DO NOTHING: Healing, Chilling & Living with the Tao Te Ching Jessie Kanzer shares how perfecting the art of doing nothing can offer wisdom, healing, and grounding–and possibly be the most productive thing you have done in a while.
For years, Kanzer felt like a failure, unable to hustle hard enough to “make it,” either as an actress or in the rat race. Her childhood as a Russian immigrant in post-Cold War America heightened her insecurity and threatened her identity, desperate as she was to fit into a culture that was alien at best and hostile at worst.
This loss and eventual reclamation of her sense of self sent her on a spiritual journey during which she discovered the Tao Te Ching, which changed everything for her. The Tao taught her that there was power in stillness, and that all struggles come bearing gifts if you know how to recognize them. Her message will connect with listeners desperate to find grounding as we move into a new year with filled with trepidation and no guarantees of a return to normalcy.
She is a writer and former reporter and actress. Her work has appeared in the Washington Post, New York Daily News, Wall Street Journal, The Independent, the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post, Ravishly, and Romper. Jessie lives with her two daughters and husband in Dobbs Ferry, NY.
During my interview with Jessie, you will learn:
* How to trust your intuition and inner voice whenever doubts creep in
* How losing sight of your true identity can be a gift (as long as you find it again)
* How the Tao can cure you of perfectionism and people-pleasing tendencies
* Why it’s important to continue to embrace stillness, even amidst a push to return to “normal” following the pandemic
* The Tao’s wisdom on parenting, especially how the act of letting go can be the ultimate form of love
* How the Tao can teach you to value yourself and not give your power away in romantic relationships.
In a culture that insists on constant motion and self-improvement, the Tao Te Ching’s philosophy reminds us that there’s power in slowing down and making room for stillness in our lives.
Don’t Just Sit There, Do Nothing (now available where books are sold) offers practical actionable insights on incorporating its wisdom into your everyday life.
You can contact Jessie web: jessiekanzer.com fb: jessiekanzer insta: @jessiekanzer